Advantages of clay wet sand casting:
1. The production cycle is short, the effect is high, and the mixed sand can be used for a long time and it is not easy to deteriorate.
2. Clay has a wide range of resources and low prices. Also, the used clay can be recycled again after proper treatment.
3. After sanding, it can still withstand a small amount of deformation without damage, which is very beneficial for both drafting and lower core.
Disadvantages of clay wet sand casting:
1. Since the rigidity of the mold is not high, the size of the casting cannot be excessively high. Castings are prone to defects such as sand washing, sand inclusion, and porosity.
2. When the shape is not easy to flow, it is difficult to tamper, manual styling is laborious and not skillful. If you want to use machine modeling, the equipment is complicated and huge.
3. Clay Wet Sand Casting In the process of sand mixing, it is necessary to apply a thick clay slurry on the surface of the sand. It is necessary to use a high-power sand mixing device with a cockroach effect, which is time consuming and laborious.
Summary: Clay wet sand casting is suitable for casting non-precision castings of cast iron, cast copper and cast aluminum, and the casting cost is low. However, like steel castings or precision parts, it is not suitable for casting with wet sand. If the cast steel is cast with wet sand, the surface of the casting is more serious, which seriously affects the surface finish of the casting!