Main factors affecting shot blasting strength of shot blasting machine
1. Shot blasting size: The larger the shot blast, the larger the impact kinetic energy, the greater the blasting strength, but the coverage of shot blasting is reduced. Therefore, while ensuring shot blasting strength, try to use smaller shot blasting. In addition, the shot size is also limited by the shape of the part. When there is a groove on the part, the diameter of the shot shall be less than half the radius of the inner circle of the groove. Shot granule size is often selected between 6 and 50 mesh.
2. Hardness of shot blasting: When the hardness of shot blasting is higher than the hardness of the part, the change of its hardness value does not affect the shot blasting strength; when the shot blasting is softer than the part, if the blasting hardness value decreases, the shot blasting strength also decreases.
3. Shot blasting speed: When the shot blasting speed increases, the shot blasting strength also increases, but when the speed is too high, the shot blasting damage increases.
4. Injection angle: When the shot blasting jet is perpendicular to the surface to be sprayed, the shot blasting strength is high, so generally, the shot blasting treatment should be maintained in this state. If it is limited by the shape of the part, it is necessary to increase the size and speed of shot peening when shooting at a small angle.
5. The amount of shot blasting: the kinetic energy of shot blasting is low, the more shot blasting is broken, the shot peening strength is reduced, and the irregular broken pellets will scratch the surface of the part, so the broken granules should be removed frequently to ensure the peening is complete. The rate is greater than 85%. The shot blasting equipment is basically the same, and only a few auxiliary devices are needed to control the shot blasting process more strictly.